Sunday, March 28, 2010

Romesco Cauliflower

T and I went to Spain last May and I have been in love with the cuisine since, especially Andalusian Gazpacho.  Thickening sauces with bread and addinging an acidic punch with a splash of Sherry Vinegar...you can do no wrong.  Low and behold one of my favorite blogs, Smitten Kitchen, brought me back to Spain with recipes for delicious Romesco Potatoes and Spinach and Chickpeas.  Of course I made them both!  Instead of using Country White Bread as a thikening agent, I used my other obsession Sprouted Grain Bread...more on that later.  Instead of potatoes I opted for roasted Cauliflower and Broccoflower with salt, pepper, cold pressed olive oil, garlic and sprigs of thyme.  Sadly I think I scored a zero on local ingredients for this meal (the coffee and buckwheat fig scone was too good to rouse me from the couch and send me forth to the farmer's market).  Though not very local, it was delicious with Muir Glen Organic Tomatoes and my lovely sprouted wheat bread (truly a labor of love).  Regardless the combination is amazing...so good we made dinner of it!  The next best thing to being in Seville, sipping wine in a little tapas bar on a warm summer evening....


No comments: